[LDM #VPS-995567]: having trouble with ldm

Hi Frank,

re:
> Here's what I have for the firewall rules - iptables on CentOS.  The
> setups are identical on drizzl and stratus.

OK.

re:
> I didn't understand that
> the rules changes wouldn't be automatically saved for the next reboot,
> and that I needed to restart iptables to make the changes take place
> right now.

We setup our firewall rules by editing /etc/sysconfig/iptables directly
and then, after making sure that the change is what we want, restart
'iptables' using:

service iptables restart

re:
> Once I did that, the ldm on stratus began receiving data
> from drizzl.  So the big problem is solved.

Excellent!

re:
> However, nc still doesn't
> work, so I suspect you cannot contact the LDMs on either drizzl or
> stratus.

I tried contacting drizzl using 'notifyme' yesterday, and the attempt
went nowhere.  This is likely due to a firewall rule blocking our
connection attempt.  The firewall in question might be a campus one.

re:
> I'm providing the output from iptables -L and the nc
> commands.  If you can think of something I need to do to allow you to
> contact the LDMs, please let me know.

Our being able to contact your LDM is not crucial given that what you
were trying to setup now works.  I think that your firewall is setup to
allow us, and, if I am correct, the configuration change would need to
be done elsewhere.  Again, this is not crucial.

Ticket ID: VPS-995567
Department: Support LDM