[LDM #YLA-231641]: ldm installation

Hi Frank,

re:
> I had hoped to use the rpm installation process, but didn't see any rpm
> files in the ftp archive referenced in the installation pages.

An RPM installation was created for an older version of the LDM, but
not for the latest version(s).  In general, it is better to use LDM
code built from source.

re:
> I then tried the building by source, and the configuration gave errors
> which seem to be an inability to recognize the machine.  I'm running
> CentOS on a Lenovo Think Centre - 64 bit machine.
>
> I've included the configure.log and the config.log.
>
> What am I missing?

The config.log file seems to suggest that your ran 'configure' as follows:

./configure ...

The ellipsis on the command line is unwanted.  Try running 'configure' as
follows:

<as 'ldm'>
cd ~ldm/ldm-6.12.6/src
rm configure.log config.log

./configure

If this runs with no errors, then run:

make install

NB: you will be prompted to give the password for 'root' or the
password for 'ldm' assuming that it has sudo privilege; this will
be done twice.

Please let us know the results of the above.

Ticket ID: YLA-231641
Department: Support LDM