[LDM #KTG-709466]: ldm 6.10.1 log problem

Trent,

First off, it looks like the path of the LDM product-queue file in your
boot-time script differs from the path that the LDM system uses.

Please send me the output of the command "ls -l $HOME/bin", executed by the LDM
user. The files "hupsyslog" and "ldmd" should be owned by "root" and setuid.

> I've done the setuid, see below,
>
> chmod u+srwx,g+rx,o+rx hupsyslog
>

> But, I still see the following when starting ldmd
>
> address@hidden bin]# service ldmd start
> Starting LDM (/home/ldm/ldm-6.10.1/bin/rpc.ldmd) via boot script.
> /home/ldm/ldm-6.10.1/data/ldm.pq does not exist, making new queue.
> pqcreate: create "/home/ldm/var/queues/ldm.pq" failed: File exists
> make_pq(): mkqueue(1) failed
> The product-queue is OK.
> Checking pqact(1) configuration-file(s)...
> /home/ldm/etc/pqact.conf: syntactically correct
> hupsyslog: kill -HUP 1621: Permission denied
> new_log(): Couldn't notify system logging daemon
> start_ldm(): Couldn't rotate log files
>
> I don't understand the error on the logging daemon.  We don't use syslog,
> rather we use rsyslog.  I've checked the config, it looks ok.
>
> I know that ldm doesn't own the pid of rsyslog, how can I fix this?
>
> Thanks,
>
> -- Trent Doyle
> Systems Admin. III
> Southern Great Plains