[LDM #MNK-989154]: comparing, contrasting two ldm servers

sj,

> [measwx:gempak/model/gfs] ldm% kill -l
> HUP INT QUIT ILL TRAP ABRT EMT FPE KILL BUS SEGV SYS PIPE ALRM TERM URG STOP
> TSTP CONT CHLD TTIN TTOU IO XCPU XFSZ VTALRM PROF WINCH INFO
> USR1 USR2

Then the GEMPAK dcnldn(1) decoder receives a SIGABRT and the GEMPAK dcmetr(1)
decoder receives a SIGBUS. Both of these indicate severe problems.

> > The above indicates that the pqact(1) process couldn't find the decoder
> > "pnga2area". Did you mean "png2area"? If so, then verify that that decoder
> > is in the LDM user's $PATH.
>
> I can't find it either! Who's calling it?

The LDM-McIDAS decoder pnga2area(1) is being invoked by a pqact(1) process as a
result of a relevant entry in its configuration-file. You should find it if you
search your pqact(1) configuration-files for the string "pnga2area".

Ticket ID: MNK-989154