[LDM #GNA-944969]: Cannot connect to upstream LDM

Cornell,

> Full Name: Cornell Bower
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Package Version: 6.7.0
> Operating System: RHEL 5 (Linux 2.6.18-164.11.1.el5)
> Hardware:
> Description of problem:
>
> Hello.
>
> I have 2 LDM servers running in separate locations, both on the USAP.gov
> network. From LDM-1 I can retrieve data from LDM-2, however from LDM-2
> I cannot retrieve data from LDM-1, but I can still retrieve data from
> other LDM servers. I browsed the support forum and found some similar
> issues and the fix was network issue, however our /etc/hosts have
> the correct ip/hostname in them, we can ping by IP, we can SSH to
> and from each other. The ldmd.conf looks correct.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.

If executing the command "notifyme -vl- -h LDM-1..." on LDM-2 indicates that it
can't connect to LDM-1, then the problem is very likely firewall rules that
prevent LDM-2 from connection to LDM-1 using port 388.  The same goes for using
telnet(1) on LDM-2 to connect to LDM-1 using port 388.  Bring the results to
the attention of your network administrator.

> Thank you.

Ticket ID: GNA-944969