[LDM #NGQ-500529]: ldm questions

Paul,

> Yes, the problem started when the LDAD was upgraded as part of the AWIPS
> OB9.1 installation.
> The operating system was upgraded from Redhat 4.2 to 5.2, and the AWIPS
> software was upgraded. We haven't found anyone yet to specify the exact
> changes but are speculating the security was upgraded with the new OS.
>
> | Who can we talk to about the upgrade?
>
> Still looking for this one.
>
> Question: Does the LDM "config.log" file indicate the environment our version
> of LDM was installed in? Specifically the "config.log" file I looked at on
> our LDAD box shows a uname -r = 2.6.9-55.0.2.ELsmp.
> On the LDAD box uname -r = 2.6.18-92.el5. I'm wondering if the version of LDM
> that was dumped onto the LDAD is not entirely compatible with the OS
> environment currently on the LDAD machine?

The output of "ldmadmin config" indicates the current version of the O/S.

An operating-system upgrade shouldn't affect the installed LDM system, but, as
we know, the god of the way things should be is a very minor god.  :-)  It
couldn't hurt to re-build and re-install the LDM.  Start with a "make
distclean".

> Paul Wahner
> Spaceflight Meteorology Group
> Johnson Space Center