[LDM #PPR-218876]: ldm.pq file updating

Justin,

> We are currently running LDM 6.4.4.0 on AIX 5.3 and have been for a
> couple of years without any problems. However I noticed this week that
> our ldm.pq file is frequently being updated, every couple of minutes
> actually with a new time stamp. This behavior may have always been
> occurring, we just never noticed it. All of the other systems that we
> run LDM on, all of which are Linux, have not updated the ldm.pq since
> their last LDM shutdown. What would cause the ldm.pq file to continually
> be updated?

If the new timestamp is being printed by an ls(1), then the file is
being opened for writing and some bytes are being written.  I can't
think of anything in the LDM system that would do that.

You might get a listing of the LDM user's cron(8) entries ("crontab -l")
to see what is executing periodically.

> Thanks,
> Justin Cooke

Ticket ID: PPR-218876