[LDM #QZF-338888]: LDM Open source

Nanjun,

> I am a PhD student in Computer Science in Germany. I am quite interested
> in LDM's structure and would like to know if there is any open source
> package

The LDM package is freely-available and must be built on the host system;
therefore, it is open source.

The LDM homepage is http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/ldm/

> and relative documents.

Same URL.  Click on the latest release and then click on
"LDM Basics".

> If yes, may I have it for study purpose?

Feel free to study it.

> In Unidata's site I learned that LDM was planned to be developed over
> CORBA in 2000, but didnt find the context.  Would you please tell me if
> it has been done?

I took over the LDM project in early 2003.  I don't know about any
CORBA intentions.  I certainly don't intend to use that technology.

> Thank you,
>
> Nanjun Li
>
> Hasso Plattner Institute at Potsdam University Prof.-Dr.-Helmert-Str.
> 2-3
> 14482 Potsdam, Germany
> Office phone: 0049 331 5509217
> Fax: 0049 331 5509 229