20030328: LDM-6 problem: pqinsert(1) failure

Alan,

>Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 13:26:37 -0500
>From: "Alan Hall" <address@hidden>
>To: Steve Emmerson <address@hidden>
>Subject: Re: 20030328: couldn't build LDM-6: ldmsend & rtstats problems

> The install and start-up of ldm6 went just fine, however, out software
> that ingests NOAAPort data from our dish (acqserver from FSL) did
> not take to well to the new product queue.  Each insert caused the
> following error:
>
> putLDM_ServerMsg: pq_open for /usr/local/ldm/data/ldm.pq failed: 22
>
> I'm not sure what the error 22 is, but I did go over the permissions
> and I don't think it is a permissions problem.

The only relevant error message in the pqinsert code that I could find
was the following:

    uerror("pq_open: \"%s\" failed: %s",
            pqfname, status > 0 ? strerror(status) :
                            "Internal error");

So there should be a colon after "pq_open" rather than " for" and
a string message following "failed: " rather than a number.

I hate to be picky, but are you sure the above is an accurate
representation of the error message you got?

Also, what is "putLDM_ServerMsg".  I don't recognize that as being
anything in the LDM package.

> What sort of changes are there to the product queue?

The product-queue is unchanged between LDM-5 and LDM-6.

BTW, what is the output of the command "uname -a"?

Regards,
Steve Emmerson