Re: 20020910: LDM and Perl 4

On Tue, 10 Sep 2002, Unidata Support wrote:

> [...]

Kevin,

No, but you can change the current one to run on perl 4.  For all the perl
scripts, ie ldmadmin,  ldmcheck, etc all one has to do is prefix all
function calls with the "&" char. To find the places, just run the script:

% ldmadmin ps
syntax error in file ldmadmin at line 179, next 2 tokens "print_usage("
syntax error in file ldmadmin at line 185, next 2 tokens "start_ldm("
syntax error in file ldmadmin at line 188, next 2 tokens "stop_ldm("
syntax error in file ldmadmin at line 192, next 2 tokens "bad_exit("
syntax error in file ldmadmin at line 196, next 2 tokens "make_pq("
syntax error in file ldmadmin at line 199, next 2 tokens "delete_pq("
syntax error in file ldmadmin at line 202, next 2 tokens "make_surf_pq("
syntax error in file ldmadmin at line 205, next 2 tokens "del_surf_pq("
syntax error in file ldmadmin at line 208, next 2 tokens "make_lockfile("
syntax error in file ldmadmin at line 209, next 2 tokens "new_log("

So on line 179 replace "print_usage" with "&print_usage". You will have to
do it for all the function calls in the script.  I believe that will do
the conversion.  That's the best solution at this time.

Robb...