Re: 20020430: ldm change at atmos.albany.edu

Subject: Re: ldm change at atmos.albany.edu

Hi David,

Yes, you can use aliases, but the DNS must be aware of the change.

Upstream may need to go into etc/hosts and allow
cypress.atmos.albany.edu

until the alias propogates...

Since you get:

> echo $LDMHOSTNAME
> ldm.atmos.albany.edu

It would seem as if you set up your alias correctly.

Keep us posted if the problem persists, and even if not..

Thanks,

-Jeff