Re: 20020307: LDM from WSI system

On Thu, 7 Mar 2002, Unidata Support wrote:

> >Subject: Re: 20020305: FW: Unidata Community Portal Feedback
>
> I have now read all of the online data for the ldm and have a
> question concerning my site configuration:
>
> i am paying for a wsi feed (nexrad) which comes to me via a das (data
> acquisition system) which is a satellite uplink on my roof and a hp box
> running solaris 5.? (im away from the computer and can't recall exact
> version number)  I would like to run an ldm on the solaris box and send
> the data to a downstream redhat 7.2 box on my private network for viewing
> with gempak.  The question is...how do I configure the ldm to grab the
> data from a local source like what will be happening in my case?  Are

Lappin,

I depends if your WSI system was set up using the LDM software? If that's
the case, then all one would have to do is to configure the LDM to permit
the remote machines to obtain the data. The remote machine would have to
run an LDM and then request the data from the WSI machine. The usual LDM
configuration is to place the LDM s/w in /opt/ldm.

To permit the remote machines to get the data an ALLOW line needs to be
entered in the etc/ldmd.conf file. Then a request line needs to be entered
into the remote machines etc/ldmd.conf file.  The details of these
commands are located at:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/ldm/workshop2001/Config_server.html#s1

Once we have determine your environment, I can give you the details
that need to be done to get your configuration setup.

Robb....