Re: 20020228: using LDM statistics for status information

On Thu, 28 Feb 2002, Unidata Support wrote:

> [...]

Hiya,

There is already a perl script that produces statistics for an individual
machine, it's called "ldmprods".  It comes with the ldm distribution and
it should be in the bin directory with the rest of the ldm binaries.
There's a man page that explains the details of the fields, ie feed
names, number of products, latencies, last arrival, etc. One probabaly
could convert the output of ldmprods to  be an html page or to write the
output to a file that could be used to generate a chart.   At Unidata, the
raw data file is used as input to an IDL program that generates the
charts.

To run ldmprods from command line with standard configuration:

% ldmprod

If you don't have the ldm man pages setup, you can access them at:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/ldm/ldm5/manindex.html

Robb...