20020212: ldm.pq (cont.)

>From: Anthony James Wimmers <address@hidden>

Tony,

>I'm not sure what you're advising. It sounds like the only thing
>you suggest doing is making making space on the root directory.

What I was trying to point out was that the ldm product queue, ldm.pq,
has been 300 MB since it was first created.  The cause for your running
out of room on the file system that is hosting the product queue is
something other than the produdct queue.

>Is it ok for ldm.pq to be 300 MB?

Yes, in fact we are now recommending that the product queue be more
like 400 MB.

The size of the queue depends on what datastreams are ingested and if
the machine is used to relay data to downstream sites.  Since you are
not trying to do things like ingest all of the NEXRAD Level III or
CONDUIT (the high resolution model data that requires a LOT of space
and network bandwidth), you should be able to continue on with a 300 MB
queue.  If you start seeing queue related errors in your LDM log file
(~ldm/logs/ldmd.log), you will be forced to upgrade to the latest
version of the LDM and delete and remake a queue of a larger size.

Again, you are not at this point yet, so you can sit tight with
a 300 MB queue.

re: gribdec package decoding of high resolution model data

>Yes, I'm interested.

OK.  I see that Jennie is subscribed to the mcidas-x email list, but
you are not.  She will be getting the announcement of the availability
of the new gribdec bundle, so you should check with her about it.  The
other option is for you to sign-up for the email list yourself.  This
can be done online at:

>From address@hidden Tue Feb 12 08:13:42 2002
>Subject: Re: 20020212: ldm.pq (cont.)

Tom,

I should point out that I was a little hasty in my diagnosis
yesterday. The ldm.pq file was on /p4/data where it was
supposed to be, not on the root directory. Both directories
were 100%, and so I confused their files when I displayed the
directories together. I fixed the /p4/data problem, but
I'm still working on root.

And I did subscribe to Mcidas-x mailing list.

Take care,

Tony Wimmers                           address@hidden
Department of Environmental Science, University of Virginia