20011119: LDM issues on papagayo (cont.)

>From: Clint Rowe <address@hidden>

Clint,

>Done!  Thanks for starting that. It was on my list of things to do.

Yea, sure ;-)

>I do have
>one complaint, though -- you forgot to set the HOSTNAME in ldmadmin.  I had
>to do that all by myself ;-)

You know, I asked Anne If there was anything left to do and she said no.
My thinking was that a number of the scripts that get delivered with
the distribution would need the same kind of configuration as is
done by the scriptconfig step in a binary installation.  I will know
better next time.

>As a suggestion, next time you send me a set of instructions, take out the
>prompts so I can just cut and paste (you know how lazy I am!).

OK.  I, of course, put in all of the comments so that someone reading
the archives could follow along, but I failed to remove the prompts
from the snippit I cut and pasted from the LDM installation web pages.
I would much rather that people cut and paste instructions.  This way,
typos are kept to a minimum.

Thanks for the quick action...

Tom

>From address@hidden Tue Nov 20 08:21:42 2001
>Subject: Re: 20011119: LDM issues on papagayo (cont.)

Tom,

Yeah, blame it on your partner in crime ;-) Fortunately, it was a quick
fix and I was able to get things running right away

Happy Turkey Day to all at Unidata.
Clint