[ldmMcidas #LMZ-903767]: ldm-mcidas installation

Hi Bereket,

re:
> Thank you so much! I really appreciate it!

No worries.

re:
> I just quickly tried that and I am getting this error
> log2ulog.c:14:19: fatal error: mutex.h: No such file or directory
> #include "mutex.h"

Hmm.  I just tried building LDM-6.13.8 (supersedes LDM-6.13.7) in my CentOS 6.10
VM, and I get a different error related to log2ulog.c:

/bin/sh ../libtool  --tag=CC   --mode=compile c99 -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I..
-I../misc -I../protocol2 -I./ulog -I/usr/include/libxml2  -g -O2 -MT
lib_la-log2ulog.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/lib_la-log2ulog.Tpo -c -o
lib_la-log2ulog.lo `test -f 'log2ulog.c' || echo './'`log2ulog.c
libtool: compile:  c99 -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -I../misc -I../protocol2
-I./ulog -I/usr/include/libxml2 -g -O2 -MT lib_la-log2ulog.lo -MD -MP -MF
.deps/lib_la-log2ulog.Tpo -c log2ulog.c  -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/lib_la-log2ulog.o
log2ulog.c: In function 'logi_set_destination':
log2ulog.c:116: warning: implicit declaration of function 'lock'
log2ulog.c:117: warning: dereferencing 'void *' pointer
log2ulog.c:117: error: invalid use of void expression
log2ulog.c:120: warning: implicit declaration of function 'unlock'
log2ulog.c: At top level:
log2ulog.c:157: error: conflicting types for 'logi_log'
log_private.h:541: note: previous declaration of 'logi_log' was here
log2ulog.c:169: error: conflicting types for 'logi_flush'
log_private.h:551: note: previous declaration of 'logi_flush' was here
log2ulog.c:182: error: conflicting types for 'logi_internal'
log_private.h:565: note: previous declaration of 'logi_internal' was here

Since this is an LDM "thing", I'll need to get our LDM developer involved.

re:
> Configure also had a warning at the end.
> === configuring in mcast_lib/OESS-Client
> (/usr/local/ldm/ldm-6.13.7/src/mcast_lib/OESS-Client)
> configure: WARNING: no configuration information is in mcast_lib/OESS-Client

This can safely be ignored in LDM-6.13.7 builds and will go away in
LDM-6.13.8 builds.

Comment:

- based on my feedback on how newer LDMs do not include the uerror, unotice,
etc.
  entry points in the static LDM library (~ldm/lib/libldm.a), our LDM developer
  made changes to an LDM-6.13.9 test distribution to include the entry points
  in the LDM library regardless of whether or not the end-user wants to use
  the system logging daemon method of logging or the newer logging package

  We are testing this version on several different machines now.  I will be
  trying to build the ldm-mcidas decoders on one of these machines to see
  if the changes get around the problem you ran into yesterday.

- it was also pointed out to me that all LDM-6.13.x releases have been using
  the new logging facility by default, so the problem you ran into should
  also be ran into for any LDM-6.13.x release

  Based on this, the easiest/quickest thing for you to do may be to build
  and install the last LDM-6.12 release; build the ldm-mcidas decoders
  against that release; and then use the LDM-6.13.[789] release for LDM
  operations.Since the ldm-mcidas decoders are statically linked against
  the LDM library, executables linked against an older LDM installation
  should run with no problems even when the LDM has been upgraded to a
  current release.

  I realize that this is not what I would call a "clean" approach, but it
  is probably the easiest way around the problem encountered at the moment.

Ticket ID: LMZ-903767
Department: Support ldm-mcidas