[IDV #ZTE-803919]: IDV won't boot

> Hi Yuan,
>
> I’m happy to keep trying things as you come up with potential solutions!
> This morning my terminal didn’t reveal anything fancy, just the standard font
> error:
>
> Warning: the fonts "Times" and "Lucida Bright" are not available for the Java
> logical font "Serif", which may have unexpected appearance or behavior.
> Re-enable the "Times" font to remove this warning.
>
> Looking back on the screenshot, there was nothing more interesting there!
>
> Thanks,
> Keah
>
> --
> Keah Schuenemann, PhD
> Professor of Meteorology
> Metropolitan State University of Denver
> address@hidden<mailto:address@hidden> | Office:  Science 2018 | Office Hours
> and
> Schedule<https://webapp.msudenver.edu/directory/profile.php?uName=kschuene> |
> (303)615-0780 or Teams
> Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
> Earth and Atmospheric Science Department:
> https://www.msudenver.edu/earth-atmospheric-sciences/meteorology/

Hi Keah,

Well, it is good to know it is working this morning.
One thing we know is that if there are other applications such as: Parallels
Access and Grammarly Desktop, running in the background of
your Mac, the IDV will hangs. And there is likely other applications too. I
have been trying to find a good solution.

Thanks,
Yuan

Ticket ID: ZTE-803919
Department: Support IDV
NOTE: All email exchanges with NSF Unidata User Support are recorded in the
Unidata inquiry tracking system and then made publicly available through the
web.  If you do not want to have your interactions made available in this way,
you must let us know in each email you send to us.