[IDV #VOV-758977]: IDV freezes upon start up

> Hello,
>
> Today I downloaded the IDV application as part of a class I am taking. It
> worked just fine when I first downloaded IDV onto my computer (MacBook Pro,
> 2020, macOS Sonoma 14.1.1). I installed the required plug-ins and then
> restarted the application for the plug-ins to work. However, when I tried to
> relaunch the application, it froze right when it opened and would not load
> for more than an hour. My professor was not able to help resolve this issue
> and apparently, he had the same issue when he ran the application this
> morning. I looked online for a troubleshooting page for IDV and found the
> following webpage:
> https://docs.unidata.ucar.edu/idv/current/userguide/Bugs.html. This webpage
> says, “If you have Parallels Access running on your OS X computer, you may
> see the IDV freeze up upon start up. The workaround is to turn off Parallels
> Access.” I do not have Parallels Access on my MacBook, therefore I should not
> be having this issue. I also uninstalled the application and rein
 stalled it but to no avail. Is there anything else I can try to make the
program work on my laptop? It is required to complete class assignments.

> Thank you,
> Anamaria Navarrete

Hi Anamaria,

Could you try to remove the folder ".unidata" and try to launch the IDV
again?The ".unidata" folder is a hidden folder and
it is under your home directory.

Yuan

Ticket ID: VOV-758977
Department: Support IDV
NOTE: All email exchanges with NSF Unidata User Support are recorded in the
Unidata inquiry tracking system and then made publicly available through the
web.  If you do not want to have your interactions made available in this way,
you must let us know in each email you send to us.