[IDV #JYJ-976023]: Wind vector display for 3D netCDF data not working

> Hi there,
>
> I found IDV  really helpful in terms of the 3D data visualisation support and
> has less limitations than what I encountered in most tools. However I came
> across a few issues which maybe have simple fixes. Please let me know if
> there is anything I should be aware of.
>
> I am trying to visualize 3D netCDF file with wind data information with
> domain type (Lat, Long, plev) and range u and v components of wind.
>
> I tried to use the true wind vector derivation for visualization. I got this
> error message when I try to visualize the data as 3D contour plot over
> topography. I wanted to know if there was problem with the file or something
> else.

I wonder if you selected the wrong display type here, to display the wind
vector over topography you should not use the 3D contour plot,
the correct display type is "Vectors over topography" (see the attached screen
shot).

> I also wanted to ask if there is a way in this tool to connect a WMS and WCS
> server in order to extract data. If not, is there a way to extract the data
> using a java code and implement it with the tool.

The IDV supports WMS, you can connect to a WMS server and create display.
Please check the user guide.

> Thank you for your attention to this email. And I also want to add that I do
> not make this support email publicly available. Thanks!
>
> Sincerely,
> Rajdeep

If you can provide the more information about your usage of the IDV, I can do
better job helping you. If this is used for a group
of students, I can provide a remote training class for free.

Yuan

Ticket ID: JYJ-976023
Department: Support IDV