[IDV #XLB-629841]: Wind Barbs

> Full Name: Mark Thornton
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Package Version: v 5.7
> Operating System: Windows 10
> Hardware:
> Description of problem: I am using a group of grib2 files (NBM) that do not
> have a combined field for wind speed/direction. Is it possible to draw a wind
> barb using wind direction and wind speed from either the 2D or 3D grid?
>
> Thanks,
> Mark

Hi Mark,

This is a very easy fix problem. The variable naming in the NBM doesn't follow
a certain standard and not being recognized in the IDV. But you can add the
current variable name to the alias table, after loading the dataset, you can
select the variable for u component wind, right-click, on it and add it to the
alias table for U. Repeat the procedure for v component wind, and then you can
reload the dataset, now you will have the derived variable for the wind vector.
You can do the same for the temperature variable and so on.

Let me know if you have any more problems.

Yuan

Ticket ID: XLB-629841
Department: Support IDV