[IDV #BXH-959682]: The method of displaying variable at z level

Yi-Chuan,

If I understand your question correctly, you want to convert geopotential (gp)
-- which is available in your bering_pre.nc file -- to height (z).

You can do this by "Define a grid diagnostic" formula and using the
GP2Z(gp)formula

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/idv/docs/workshop/formulas/DoingMoreFormulas.html

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/idv/current/docs/userguide/tools/JythonLib.html

At any rate, you can find various formulas and functions in the IDV
documentation which can hopefully do what you are trying to achieve.

https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/idv/docs/workshop/formulas/index.html

Best,

Unidata IDV Support

> Full Name: Yi-Chuan
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Operating System: Windows 8.1
> Hardware: Java: home: D:\IDV_5.2\jre version: 1.8.0_45
> j3d:1.6.0-pre9-daily-experimental daily
> Description of problem:
>
> Hi,
>
> How do I do to transform pressure level into z level and create a variable
> name "pressure" at z level ?

Ticket ID: BXH-959682