[IDV #CTX-855593]: IDV 5.1 can't read grads files

> Full Name: Don Murray
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Operating System: Mac OS X
> Hardware: Java: home:
> /Volumes/User/dmurray/IDV_5.1/jre.bundle/Contents/Home/jre version: 1.7.0_67
> j3d:1.6.0-pre9-daily-experimental daily
> Description of problem: I just tried to read a GrADS ctl file with IDV 5.1
> and it gives the following error.  It works fine in version 5.0u2.  I suspect
> it's a problem with the switch to the new CDM library.  This is a major
> problem for me.

Don,
    I believe this is a problem from the CDM library. I will ask them to make a
fix for the IDV and I can do the update release soon. Could you upload a sample
file for me?
We are working on the new unit test environment, and I think CDM team would
also need a sample file.

Yuan
> Creating data source
> Grid data source failed making data set:
> /Users/dmurray/data/grids/grads/gpcc.20yrann.ctl Cant read
> /Users/dmurray/data/grids/grads/gpcc.20yrann.ctl: not a valid CDM file.
>
> ******************
> Stack trace:
> java.io.IOException: Cant read
> /Users/dmurray/data/grids/grads/gpcc.20yrann.ctl: not a valid CDM file.
> at ucar.nc2.NetcdfFile.open(NetcdfFile.java:811)
> at ucar.nc2.NetcdfFile.open(NetcdfFile.java:428)
> at ucar.nc2.dataset.NetcdfDataset.openOrAcquireFile(NetcdfDataset.java:744)
> at ucar.nc2.dataset.NetcdfDataset.openDataset(NetcdfDataset.java:428)
> at ucar.nc2.dataset.NetcdfDataset.acquireDataset(NetcdfDataset.java:529)
> at ucar.nc2.dt.grid.GridDataset.open(GridDataset.java:117)
> at ucar.nc2.dt.grid.GridDataset.open(GridDataset.java:103)
> at
> ucar.unidata.data.grid.GeoGridDataSource.doMakeDataSet(GeoGridDataSource.java:1186)
> at
> ucar.unidata.data.grid.GeoGridDataSource.getDataset(GeoGridDataSource.java:1208)
> at
> ucar.unidata.data.grid.GeoGridDataSource.initAfterUnpersistence(GeoGridDataSource.java:416)
> at
> ucar.unidata.idv.IdvPersistenceManager.makeDataSourceFromXml(IdvPersistenceManager.java:3847)
> at
> ucar.unidata.idv.IntegratedDataViewer.makeDataSourceFromXml(IntegratedDataViewer.java:1942)
> at ucar.unidata.idv.DataSourceHistory.process(DataSourceHistory.java:109)
> at ucar.unidata.idv.ui.IdvUIManager$8$1.run(IdvUIManager.java:2420)

Ticket ID: CTX-855593