[IDV #QGG-835568]: Bundle problems related to time driver and adaptive resolution

> Hello -
>
> In our testing for the upcoming McIDAS-V release, I came across a couple
> different problems when loading in bundles where a layer uses Adaptive
> Resolution/Match Display Region (AR/MDR) and is also a time driver.
> These are also problems in the IDV (5.0u3 nightly from 12/17).  Any idea
> why these cases are failing ?
>
> * Case 1: Problem with setting satellite data as time driver and user
> AR/MDR.
> 1. Load in some full disk satellite imagery (5 times worth)
> 2. In the Times tab of the Field Selector, choose 'Set As Time Driver'
> 3. In the Region tab of the Field Selector, choose 'Match Display
> Region'
> 4. Click Create Display
> 5. Add in point observation data (adde.ucar.edu/Surface) with Match
> Time Driver
> 6. Choose Gridded Fields > Temperature
> 7. Click Create Display
> 8. Save both zipped and unzipped versions of the bundle
> o Load in the unzipped bundle and you get an error: "Selected
> image(s) not available"
> + Click OK through the error and the point data displays
> + Load in the zipped bundle and everything works fine
>
> * Case 2: Problem setting point data as a time driver that uses AR/MDR.
> 1. Load in point observation data (adde.ucar.edu/Surface), 5 times
> worth
> 2. Choose Gridded Fields > Temperature
> 3. In the Times tab of the Field Selector, choose 'Set As Time Driver'
> 4. In the Region tab of the Field Selector, choose 'Match Display
> Region'
> 5. Click Create Display
> 6. Save both zipped and unzipped versions of the bundle
> o Load in the unzipped bundle and you get an error: "reading point
> data No data available" with a lengthy stack trace
> o Load in the zipped bundle and you get an error:
> + Initializing after unpersistence
>
> This seems to be a problem when a time driver uses AR/MDR.  In case 2, I
> can set the Point data to be the time driver w/o AR/MDR and both bundles
> work.  I can also set the point data to use AR/MDR with just the default
> times and both bundles work.
>
> Thanks!
> Bob Carp

Bob,
      Just came back from AGU last night, and I am at my office now testing
these two cases.
      Well, I cann't reproduce any of your problems here, and please try the
attached two bundles I created according to your descriptions.

     We probably need to talk over the phone to sort out the problem you ran
into. I will be in my office Monday and this is my priority item here.

Yuan

Ticket ID: QGG-835568