[IDV #CYQ-179808]: lables appear under data and shapefiles

Jason,

First, please update your IDV.

I am a little confused by your question. Is this a time stamp associated with
your data?

Generally you manipulate those via the IDV Dashboard, Displays Tab, Edit ->
Properties menu item.

And when you mean "underneath", you mean below in the vertical sense, or it is
being obscured by another label in the the 3D sense. I don't know if
"underneath" is in the Y axis or the Z axis.

The order of the items in the legend and therefore the display list is dependent
on when the data are loaded and first displayed.  From a bundle, that's not
guaranteed to be the same every time.

Best,

Unidata IDV Support

> Full Name: Jason Warren
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Operating System: Windows 7
> Hardware: Java: home: C:\Program Files\IDV_4.1\jre version: 1.6.0_43
> j3d:1.5.2 fcs (build4)
> Description of problem:
>
> I am trying to add a time stamp to my display using the Display
> Settings/Labels option.  The time stamp appears, but it is underneath
> the data (which in this case is radar data) as well as the shapefiles
> I have loaded.  Is there a way to move the timestamp to the top?
>
> I have tried other bundles with other types of data and other shapefiles
> as well, but the error persists
>
> I am using IDV 4.1 for 64bit Windows 7.

Ticket ID: CYQ-179808
Department: Support IDV