[IDV #DMF-564121]: I cannot connect

Arturo,

There are several ports you need open at your institution in order to run the
IDV so that it may connect to different data servers. In general, ports 112,
8080 and 80 are required.

If port 112 is a problem, we are in the planning stages of giving users an
option to communicate with ADDE via port 80, but this work is only preliminary
so far.

Best,

Unidata IDV Support

> Full Name: arturo valdes
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Operating System: Windows 7
> Hardware: Java: home: C:\Program Files\IDV_5.0u1\jre version: 1.7.0_51
> j3d:1.6.0-pre9-daily-experimental daily
> Description of problem: Updating sounding data
> Error opening connection: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused:
> connect
>
> ******************
> Stack trace:
> edu.wisc.ssec.mcidas.adde.AddeException: Error opening connection:
> java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect
> at
> edu.wisc.ssec.mcidas.adde.AddePointDataReader.<init>(AddePointDataReader.java:165)
> at
> ucar.unidata.data.sounding.AddeSoundingAdapter.loadStationsInner(AddeSoundingAdapter.java:438)
> at
> ucar.unidata.data.sounding.AddeSoundingAdapter.loadStations(AddeSoundingAdapter.java:388)
> at
> ucar.unidata.data.sounding.AddeSoundingAdapter.init(AddeSoundingAdapter.java:306)
> at
> ucar.unidata.data.sounding.AddeSoundingAdapter.<init>(AddeSoundingAdapter.java:260)
> at
> ucar.unidata.view.sounding.SoundingSelector$8.run(SoundingSelector.java:665)

Ticket ID: DMF-564121