[IDV #VUO-326218]: offsetting an image

> Full Name: Daniel Milner
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Operating System: Windows 7
> Hardware: Java: home: C:\Program Files\IDV_4.0u1\jre version: 1.6.0_43
> j3d:1.5.2 fcs (build4)
> Description of problem: We are currently receiving radar data that has a
> -4.4 azimuthal offset. Is there any function within IDV to rotate that image
> to correct for this offset? I have searched everywhere and cannot find one.

Daniel,
   The answer is yes, you can do it in the IDV with a plugin.
   You need to install a plugin first, under Tools > Plugin Manager, then File
> Install Plugin from URL, when a new window popup, enter,

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/idv/plugins/rotateradar.jar

and then you need to restart the IDV.

   When you restart the IDV, there is a rotateRadar in the Formulas list. You
can now load the radar files, and under Field Selector, select Formulas >
rotateRadar, and select one of the radar display, and click create display, in
the first popup window, enter -4.4 offset, and in the second popup window,
select the radar parameter.

   This plugin is created long time ago, let me know if this is not working.

Yuan

Ticket ID: VUO-326218