[IDV #BOP-563839]: probem while loading opendap datasets from THREDDS

> Full Name: loubrieu
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Operating System: Windows XP
> Hardware: Java: home: C:\Program Files\IDV_3.1u1\jre version: 1.6.0_31
> j3d:1.5.2 fcs (build4)
> Description of problem:
>
> I'm getting this error when I'm trying to view the following opendap URL :
>
> http://tds0.ifremer.fr/thredds/local/IFREMER-WESTERN_EUROPE-CHL_ISPM_MERIS_L3-NRT-OBS/IFREMER-WESTERN_EUROPE-CHL_ISPM_MERIS_L3-NRT-OBS_FULL_TIME_SERIE.xml
>
> The message when trying to view a time slot of the dataset is:
>
> Couldn't get data
> Index: 0, Size: 0

Loubrieu,

     The input url should be

http://tds0.ifremer.fr/thredds/dodsC/IFREMER-WESTERN_EUROPE-CHL_ISPM_MERIS_L3-NRT-OBS_FULL_TIME_SERIE

This is a big dataset, you need to do some subset unless the computer has
enough memory.

Yuan

> ******************
> Stack trace:
> java.io.IOException: Index: 0, Size: 0
> at ucar.nc2.dt.grid.GeoGrid.readDataSlice(GeoGrid.java:609)
> at ucar.visad.data.GeoGridFlatField.readData(GeoGridFlatField.java:244)
> at visad.data.CachedFlatField.getMyValues(CachedFlatField.java:463)
> at visad.data.CachedFlatField.unpackFloats(CachedFlatField.java:602)
> at visad.data.CachedFlatField.getRanges(CachedFlatField.java:369)
> at
> ucar.unidata.data.grid.GeoGridAdapter.readTimeStep(GeoGridAdapter.java:1562)
> at ucar.unidata.data.grid.GeoGridAdapter.access$100(GeoGridAdapter.java:113)
> at ucar.unidata.data.grid.GeoGridAdapter$1.run(GeoGridAdapter.java:1455)
> at visad.util.ThreadManager$1.run(ThreadManager.java:292)
> at visad.util.ThreadPool$ThreadMinnow.run(ThreadPool.java:136)

Ticket ID: BOP-563839