[IDV #VWC-470771]: Server Connection Problems

> Full Name: Kenny
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Operating System: Windows 7
> Hardware: Java: home: C:\Program Files\IDV_3.0u1\jre version: 1.6.0_20
> j3d:1.5.2 fcs (build4)
> Description of problem:
>
> Connecting to server:adde.ucar.edu
> java.io.EOFException
>
> I'm having problems connecting to the servers.  I have opened up ports 112
> and 8080 on both my router and firewall yet I still cannot connect.

Kenny,
     You need to talk to your network adm., to open the out bound TCP
connection to the server at the port 112 for ADDE data. This is not a fixed
port number, the connection port is selected by your machine at the time of
connection.

Yuan
> ******************
> Stack trace:
> java.io.EOFException
> at java.util.zip.GZIPInputStream.readUByte(Unknown Source)
> at java.util.zip.GZIPInputStream.readUShort(Unknown Source)
> at java.util.zip.GZIPInputStream.readHeader(Unknown Source)
> at java.util.zip.GZIPInputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)
> at java.util.zip.GZIPInputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)
> at
> edu.wisc.ssec.mcidas.adde.AddeURLConnection.connect(AddeURLConnection.java:719)
> at
> edu.wisc.ssec.mcidas.adde.AddeURLConnection.getInputStream(AddeURLConnection.java:793)
> at
> ucar.unidata.idv.chooser.adde.AddeChooser.checkIfServerIsOk(AddeChooser.java:1186)
> at
> ucar.unidata.idv.chooser.adde.AddeChooser.canAccessServer(AddeChooser.java:1229)
> at
> ucar.unidata.idv.chooser.adde.AddeImageChooser.connectToServer(AddeImageChooser.java:785)
> at
> ucar.unidata.idv.chooser.adde.AddeImageChooser.handleConnect(AddeImageChooser.java:617)
> at
> ucar.unidata.idv.chooser.adde.AddeChooser.handleConnectFromThread(AddeChooser.java:599)

Ticket ID: VWC-470771