[IDV #EOW-304983]: Output climate data from ECHAM climate model.

> > Full Name: Mohmaed Abdel kader
> > Email Address: address@hidden
> > Package Version: 2.9u4 build date:2011-04-27 07:12 UTC
> > Operating System: Windows 7
> > Hardware: Java: home: C:\Program Files\IDV_2.9u4\jre version: 1.6.0_20
> > j3d:1.5.2 fcs (build4)
> > Description of problem: We have a netCDF file with hybrid sigma levels
> > (vertical level named 'mlev'.  How
> > can we produce 3D depictions of this display in the IDV?
> >
> > Below is the netCDF listing from the IDV properties for this dataset.  What
> > needs
> > to be changed for the visualization to work?  (NB: the dataset is about 4
> > GB so it
> > is too large to send by email).
> >

> Hi Mohmaed,
>
> You can upload a sample file here:
> http://motherlode.ucar.edu/repository/alias/idvupload
>
> Yuan
Hi Mohamaed,
     I checked the dataset you uploaded, the mlev doesn't follow the
convention. Here is the URL of the atmosphere_hybrid_sigma_pressure_coordinate
convention:

"http://cf-pcmdi.llnl.gov/documents/cf-conventions/1.5/cf-conventions.html";

You need to modify the attribute of mlev according to this document and let the
IDV recognize this coordinate.

Yuan

Ticket ID: EOW-304983