[IDV #MWU-863501]: transparent image and drawing tool

Hi Bill.

Just for clarification, I loaded up the bundle and saw the expressionist
painting "Skrik" by Norwegian artist Edvard Munch overlaid in Northern Vermont.
Is this the image you are expecting to be transparent?

I believe image transparency can be controlled at image creation time in a tool
like The Gimp (http://www.gimp.org/), but that may not be what you are looking
for. Yuan and I are unaware of this capability in the IDV, but we may be wrong.

-Julien

> Full Name: bill fingerhut
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Operating System: Windows XP
> Hardware: Java: home: C:\Program Files\IDV_2.9u2\jre version: 1.6.0_20
> j3d:1.5.2 fcs (build4)
> Description of problem:
>
> When I use the Drawing Tool to place an image in my display, the portion
> of the image that is supposed to be transparent isn't. I had this problem
> a while ago and Jeff fixed it. Apparently the fix is lost. (I have a
> bunch of neat weather icons like the one attached.)
>
> Can this be fixed ?

Ticket ID: MWU-863501