[IDV #UPX-306189]: load data err

> Full Name: luxq
> Email Address: address@hidden

Lu,
   Don's has a new nightly release available now, that includes the jython
gb18030 in it, we think it should solve your problem. You need to delete the
jython directory first: ~/.unidata/idv/jython,  before install the new release
of the IDV, if this doesn't help, please let us know.

Yuan
> Package Version: 2.9a1 build date:2010-03-17 12:54 UTC
> Operating System: Windows XP
> Hardware: Java: home: C:\Program Files\IDV_2.9a1\jre version: 1.6.0_17
> j3d:1.5.2 fcs (build4)
> Description of problem: Handling link:jython:loadStiData(idv)
> org.python.core.PyException
>
> details-
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
> File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
> File "<string>", line 27, in loadStiData
> LookupError: no codec search functions registered: can't find encoding
> 'gb18030'

> Stack trace:
> Traceback (most recent call last):
> File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
> File "<string>", line 27, in loadStiData
> LookupError: no codec search functions registered: can't find encoding
> 'gb18030'

Ticket ID: UPX-306189