[IDV #XIW-216139]: IDV issue on laptop

Hi Donna-

> Full Name: Donna Tucker
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Operating System: Windows Vista
> Hardware: Java: home: C:\Program Files\IDV_2.7u2\jre version: 1.6.0_13
> j3d:1.5.2 fcs (build4)
> Description of problem: Trying to do temperature advection from most recent
> 80 km NAM model run.  Error message occurs just as temperature is chosen for
> advection and OK is clicked.  Note that this problem occurs on a student
> computer.  When I run the same commands from my desktop
> computer this command has no problem .  The student computer has 2 GB of
> memory and there is nothing else (other than system
> defaults) running at the same time.  Error message is

It sounds like for the advection the user is picking one level and for the
temperature, he/she is picking another level or All levels.  Make sure the same
levels are chosen for the original advection and the subsequent scalar field.

Are both machines running the same version?

Don Murray

> Creating display: Contour Plan View
> org.python.core.PyException
>
> Donna Tucker
>
> ******************
> Stack trace:
> Traceback (innermost last):
> File "<string>", line 1, in ?
> at visad.Gridded3DSet.valueToGrid(Gridded3DSet.java:759)
>
> at visad.Gridded3DSet.valueToIndex(Gridded3DSet.java:415)
>
> at visad.FlatField.resample(FlatField.java:4739)
>
> at visad.FlatField.binary(FlatField.java:2088)
>
> at visad.DataImpl.binary(DataImpl.java:139)
>
> at visad.DataImpl.multiply(DataImpl.java:205)
>
> at
> ucar.unidata.data.grid.DerivedGridFactory.makeHorizontalAdvection(DerivedGridFactory.java:1476)
>
> at
> ucar.unidata.data.grid.DerivedGridFactory.createHorizontalAdvection(DerivedGridFactory.java:1432)

> visad.SetException: visad.SetException: Gridded3DSet.valueToGrid:
> ManifoldDimension must be 3

Ticket ID: XIW-216139
Department: Support IDV