[IDV #LGT-977137]: reading DEM files with time-stamp

Hi Tyn-

> Thanks, I'll consider the jython-route. If we were to add this functionality
> in JAVA, where would Willem have to look (which lines in the source code
> related to the Data Chooser) or would it be better to add this using the
> plug-in architecture?

It would be in ucar.unidata.data.gis.DemDataSource in the makeDemData method.
He could add a property (e.g. useFilenameForTime) and add set/get methods for
that. Then you could create a custom datasource.xml which would have that
property set to true and you could include that as a plugin.

Don

Ticket ID: LGT-977137