[IDV #XXF-890567]: Problems with IDV v2.8 on Mac OS Leopard

Hi Brian,

> Both myself and a grad student working for me have had IDV version 2.8
> install with no problems but fail immediately upon startup, with a java
> traceback regarding version number.  We are both using Leopard on
> macbook pro laptops.  I was able to uninstall and then install v2.7
> without any difficulty.  Another student here apparently installed 2.8
> successfully on her mac, though she was using the Snow Leopard version
> of the Mac OS.
>
> If I can provide more information please let me know -

Snow leopard should have java 1.6 but you should  check these docs for
instructions on how to install it and/or ensure that is the default java
version:
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/idv/docs/userguide/Systems.html#os

Please get back with us if this doesn't fix your problem.

-Jeff

Ticket ID: XXF-890567
Department: Support IDV