[IDV #ZSD-847460]: netcdf CF

Hi Patrick-

> Unidata IDV Support a écrit :

> > What error message did you get?  Did it say it could not find any gridded
> > data or some other message?
> >
> "No gridded data" indeed. No error message. Nothing in the console window.

That's all the IDV knows is that a grid could not be made from the structure of
the dataset.  The underlying netcdf-java library doesn't tell us why.

> >> The change made is:
> >>
> >> from:
> >> "MYTAXIS2:units = "DAYS since 15-JAN-1901"
> >>
> >> to:
> >> MYTAXIS2:units = "DAYS"
> >>
> >> I think CF netcdf allows "DAYS since 15-JAN-1901".
> >>

> > That's not a udunits compatible specification which is what CF requires.
> > Using the month abbreviation does not conform to the ISO8601 standard.  You
> > should use:
> >
> > MYTAXIS2:units = "DAYS since 1901-01-15"
> >
> You are right.
> I will make a request about this to the ferret development team.

That would be great.

> >> The file was produced with ferret.
> >>
> > What Convention does it say it uses?
> >
> From a ncdump, I can read:
> Conventions = "CF-1.0" ;

I wonder if it would pass the CF compliance checker?  I think the best thing is
to let the ferret team know and get them to make it truly CF-1.0 compliant.
Thanks for following up on that.

Don Murray

Ticket ID: ZSD-847460
Department: Support IDV