[IDV #SBV-126709]: Exporting data

> Description of problem: I would like to export (small) subsets of the data -
> for example,
> winds vs pressure at one specific location. Isn't there a way to do that?
> I need these values as input to analysis programs (in MATLAB),
> (Yes, I could print the IVD profiles - which are great - but that seems a bit
> tedious :-)  )

Chuck,
I'm not sure what you need here. The IDV can write out as gridded data data
from
remote servers as well as being able to write out the data field that a display
(e.g. plan view)
is showing (through the display's file menu).

For sampling a grid at a point you can perhaps look at the TDS grid as point
service. e.g.:

http://motherlode.ucar.edu:8080/thredds/ncss/grid/fmrc/NCEP/GFS/CONUS_80km/files/GFS_CONUS_80km_20090623_0600.grib1/pointDataset.html

-Jeff

Ticket ID: SBV-126709