[IDV #CDH-643541]: IDV 2.7 rendering issue

Hi Ernie-

Here's something else to try.  In the Edit->Preferences dialog under
the Formats & Data tab, set the Thread Count for Rendering to 1 and see if that
clears up the problem.  I ran into an oddity on my system with another grid
that produced some weird isosurfaces and setting that to
single threading cleared up the problem.  Let me know if that works for you and
we can look into this further.

Don

> > Hi DonWhat I have noticed that the Isosurfaces break down into large
> > trianglular planes, so that the surface appears to be "crystaline". I have
> > also seen this occur with other model products with wind field isosurfaces.
> > Maybe some kind of a driver issue (?), but 2.6 renders these perfectly,
>
> Okay. I'm not seeing that on my machine.  It could be a driver or
> memory issue.  Try reducing the memory to 1024m and see if that
> makes a difference.  Can you send me a screenshot of the crystalline
> structure?
>
> Also, if you subset the grid (use every other point), does that
> change the behavior?
>
> Don Murray

Ticket ID: CDH-643541