[IDV #JJB-785387]: WRF NetCDF files in IDV 2.7b1

Hi Remi-

Thanks for the sample file.

I'm going to pass this over to the netcdf-java group to look
at.  You should be hearing from someone in that group about
why this is not shown as a grid.

Don  Murray

> Unidata IDV Support wrote:
> > Hi-
> >

> >> I've tried many times to view the resulting files of the "geogrid.exe"
> >> or "metgrid.exe" commands of WRF in IDV but to no avail.
> >>

> > Were you able to read these in before, or is this a problem with
> > the 2.7 beta?
> >

> Nope, never worked...
>

> >> I systematically get the error message similar to:
> >> *No gridded data found for :
> >> /home/wrf/domain/SWIO/met_nmm.d01.2009-02-06_00:00:00.nc*
> >> I then try to load this as another data type as proposed but again, it
> >> does not work. What surprises me is that I am able to view the end
> >> results of the WRFPOST post-processing in IDV, I just cannot view the
> >> pre processing files.
> >>
> >> Any hint as to what to do / look for?
> >>

> > If this has never worked, I would suspect that the files are not
> > in any convention that the IDV supports.  If you can upload a sample
> > to:
> >
> > http://motherlode.ucar.edu/repository/alias/idvupload
> >

> It is done.
> I've called it "WRF pre-processing files" but its really just the
> geogrid nc file.
>
> Thanks.

Ticket ID: JJB-785387
Department: Support netCDF Java