[IDV #COT-972342]: Loading 3D Fields in IDV

Hi Josh-

> Thanks so much!  We do have the wrf2gem program installed, so I might give
> that
> a shot.  I'm not completley sure if that program destaggers the grids because
> I'm not that familiar with GEMPAK, but I'll soon find out.

Yes, it will destagger the grids.  The GEMPAK reading is pretty
new, so let me know if you find any problems.  I know other sites
are using the GEMPAK WRF grids in IDV, so it should be okay.

> The issue with the isosurfaces could possibly be swapspace.  I will try to
> increase the amount of java swapspace to see if that helps.  The ratios in the
> bottom left of the dashboard don't indicate that it's running out of memory,
> but I have gotten at least one "out of swapspace" error at the program
> aborted.

Hmm, I haven't seen that before.  Usually it's a heapspace issue.  See:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/idv/docs/userguide/Faq.html#memory

for info on upping the heap space.

> Thanks again!  Hopefully I won't have to bother you anymore.

No problem.

Don

Ticket ID: COT-972342
Department: Support IDV