[IDV #COT-972342]: Loading 3D Fields in IDV

Hi Josh-

> Any ideas what this error message means by chance?
>
> visad.UnitException: visad.UnitException: FlatField: RangeUnits must be
> convertable with RangeType default Units
>
> I get this when I try to plot 2D U10/V10 flow vectors from a WRF -> Vis5D
> dataset.

I'm guessing once again it's a problem with no units in the file.
I'm going to send you a version of ARWpost that I got from the
ARW support people that adds units to the Vis5D file.  Could you
test it for me?  I'll send it in a separate note.

Thanks.

Don
> On Wed, Apr 16, 2008 12:07 PM, "Unidata IDV Support"
> <address@hidden> wrote:
> >
> Hi Josh-
> >
> >> Thanks so much!  We do have the wrf2gem program installed, so I might give
> >that
> >> a shot.  I'm not completley sure if that program destaggers the grids
> >because
> >> I'm not that familiar with GEMPAK, but I'll soon find out.
> >
> >Yes, it will destagger the grids.  The GEMPAK reading is pretty
> >new, so let me know if you find any problems.  I know other sites
> >are using the GEMPAK WRF grids in IDV, so it should be okay.
> >
> >> The issue with the isosurfaces could possibly be swapspace.  I will try to
> >> increase the amount of java swapspace to see if that helps.  The ratios in
> >the
> >> bottom left of the dashboard don't indicate that it's running out of
> >memory,
> >> but I have gotten at least one "out of swapspace" error at the
> >program aborted.
> >
> >Hmm, I haven't seen that before.  Usually it's a heapspace issue.  See:
> >
> >http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/idv/docs/userguide/Faq.html#memory
> >
> >for info on upping the heap space.
> >
> >> Thanks again!  Hopefully I won't have to bother you anymore.
> >
> >No problem.
> >
> >Don
> >
> >Ticket Details
> >Ticket ID: COT-972342