[IDV #CCS-165457]: Problem with remote access of grib2 file in 2.5b

Hi Tom-

> I'm using IDV 2.5b1 (nightly).  When I try to remotely access this
> file using IDV:
> <http://cimss.ssec.wisc.edu/model/realtime/cras90_NH/CRAS_grib2_demo.grib2>
> it shows me only one time period when I select a parameter.
>
> If I download the file, however, then it shows me all 9 of the times.
>
> Bob Aune (who is putting this product together...finally moving away
> from v5d files for the CRAS output) says he does not have this problem
> (I presume he's using 2.4, since he said he "just downloaded it,
> installed it, and ran it")  and his remote access of the file does
> show all 9 time periods (he is very happy about that, I might add).
> I just installed 2.4 and can confirm his findings -- it shows and
> loads all 9 times.
>
> Might be something in 2.5?  Might be me?  (no snickering, Don....)

Must be you. ;-)  It works for me, I get 9 times.  Is there a
particular parameter that causes problems or is it all parameters.
I only tried a couple, but each had 9 times.  The only thing
I can think of is that the index that was created on your system
got messed up through a timeout or something.  Any chance you
stopped the loading the first time because it was taking so
long?  By the time you loaded in 2.4, the index probably got scoured.
Can you try in 2.5b1 again?  You could look in your
.metapps/DefaultIdv/tmp/nj22 directory and delete any gbx file
there for the URL and then try again.

In general, I would not recommend accessing GRIB files through
HTTP.  Your performance will suffer.  Better to stage on a
TDS system using OPeNDAP.

Don

Ticket ID: CCS-165457
Department: Support IDV