[Support #RKB-304878]: FW: HAS Data Request: HAS001445336 Completed

Hi Sepi-

> I have an IDV mapping question for you. I have a student that is using
> data from NCDC for Hurricane Allison. She is able to open the files in
> IDV but not able to use the map feature. I know that is because of the
> data format and so it thinks that you are in the middle of the ocean..
> right? I can't seem to remember how to get beyond this problem. Would
> you please let me know? You can access the exact file below.

For Level II files there is no station information in the
file.

She should be sure to use the Level II Radar
Chooser (works for both Level II and III) and select the
station instead of using the "I'm Feeling Lucky".  If she
puts the files in a directory that has the same name
as the station id (e.g. "KMHX"), it should automatically
pick up the station name.

Alternatively, if the data gets loaded in without station
information, it is located at lat/lon 0,0.  You can double
click on the Datasource name to bring up the properties
editor.  There is a widget there that allows you to change
the station location.

Don

Ticket ID: RKB-304878
Department: Support IDV