[IDV #DYY-685860]: Plotting COSMIC sounding data

> I just started receiving COSMIC sounding data (in NetCDF format) via
> the LDM, motivated by a claim I saw from the COSMIC folks at UCAR that
> the IDV has been configured to plot the data.
This has come up recently and we have always voiced the caveat that the IDV can
read in the Cosmic data in only a limited way. There are lots of incomplete
features and it isn't really ready for prime-time.

> The IDV seems to interpret the data as a track file ("I'm Feeling
> Lucky"--specifying "NetCDF Point Data Files" fails) and wants to plot
> it as point data. Plotting as a "Point Data Plot" gives me a map
> background but nothing else is plotted, at least with the display
> specifications that I've set. I don't get anything if I specify "Data
> Probe/Time Series", either.

Right now that's how we read in the cosmic data - as a trajectory and there are
some display and animation problems.

We will be addressing these problems in the mid-future so stay tuned.

-Jeff

Ticket ID: DYY-685860
Department: Support IDV