[IDV #HVN-605618]: Vista Install Problem

Hi Brendon-

> Unidata IDV Support wrote:
> > "enterprise" shouldn't matter.
> >
> > It's got to be some wierd OpenGL issue.  Do these cards support
> > OpenGL?  If not, can you try modifying the runIDV script to
> > force the use of the DirectX version of Java 3D?  You just
> > need to comment out the first line and uncomment the other
> > invocation.

> That seems to help.  Thanks for the tip.  I'm getting ready to deploy
> the image for the new workstations, let me know if you want 2.4 or a
> newer beta version to go on, this will be the version used for the
> workshop.

Another possibility is to look at your display settings.  Are
they both using 32bit colors?  You could try using 16 bit.
On the OpenGL tab of the Advanced properties, are the settings
the same for both systems?  It might be that the Enterprise version
uses some different default settings than the Home version.

The Direct-X version of Java 3D has some issues (like line thickness
doesn't work), so if we can get the OpenGL version working that
would be better.  If not, we can muddle through.

> Registration is going well, we have 5 people paid so far, combine that
> with the 4 Plymouth State faculty planning to attend and we're on our
> way to having a good turn out.  I had a nice IDV display at storm
> conference, hopefully we will get a couple more registrations from those
> folks who stopped by the booth as well, plus we're doing a mailing to NH
> high schools.

Sounds good.

Don

Ticket ID: HVN-605618