[IDV #HVN-605618]: Vista Install Problem

Hi Brendon-

Sorry for the silence on this issue.  Jeff and Yuan are out on
Spring Break and I had to go out of town on some family issues.

> Here's the latest on the IDV install issue.  I have two brand new
> identical pieces of hardware (Dell Optiplex 755).  Both are running the
> onboard Intel Q35 Chipset with the same graphics driver 7.14.10.1268,
> the latest driver provided by Dell.  The only difference between the
> systems is that one is running Vista Home Basic (fresh install from
> Dell) and one is running Vista Enterprise, based on an image provided by
> our ITS department, including most of the rest of the software we wish
> to use on these systems.  Everything works fine on the system running
> Vista Home Basic, but the system running Vista Enterprise gives me the
> error graphic I sent in the previous email.
>
> Can you think of anything else to look at for troubleshooting?  I'm
> running IDV on other Vista Enterprise systems, so the fact that it's
> "enterprise" shouldn't matter.

It's got to be some wierd OpenGL issue.  Do these cards support
OpenGL?  If not, can you try modifying the runIDV script to
force the use of the DirectX version of Java 3D?  You just
need to comment out the first line and uncomment the other
invocation.

Otherwise, I'm stumped on this.  I'll see if I can build you
an installer with a later version of Java 3D.

Don

Ticket ID: HVN-605618
Department: Support IDV