[THREDDS #LMW-340107]: Question About Displaying Satellite Data From Thredds Server In IDV

Hi Jacob-

This is Don.

> Alright.  I appreciate your help with that.

At this point, the data gets loaded in as a Grid data type since that's
how they are specified in the catalog.  So, if you try to do a color
shaded plan view, you will end up with the default color table and
a range based on the data.  For images, we usually default to the
gray color table and a range of 0 to 255.

So, when you say that they are not displaying right, is that possibly
what you are seeing?  If not, can you send a picture of what they
are displaying as?

Some other points:

- there is no good way of getting the last N images like you
can in the satellite chooser through ADDE.  You can select
a set of images and use the Aggregated Grib files data source
type to create a loop.  You should subset the images before

- These are the same images that are in the GINIEAST, GINIWEST
and GINICOMP datasets through the Satellite Image chooser.
You have much more flexibility on subsetting and time selection
than through the catalog.

- we eventually hope to have a similar data selection and subsetting
interface to these cataloged datasets as we have for the ADDE images.
But that is a ways off.

Don.

> Unidata THREDDS Support wrote:
> > I tested the following random file from that catalog, and it worked ok in
> > CDM:
> >
> > http://lead.unidata.ucar.edu:8080/thredds/dodsC/satellite/WV/EAST-CONUS_4km/20080315/EAST-CONUS_4km_WV_20080315_0131.gini
> >
> > im transferring this question to IDV support for further investigation
> >

> >> Hey;
> >> Sure.  I located this specific data set:
> >> http://lead.unidata.ucar.edu:8080/thredds/catalog/satellite/WV/EAST-CONUS_4km/20080315/catalog.xml
> >> Thanks!
> >> Jacob
> >> Student at North Carolina State University

> > Ticket Details
> > Ticket ID: LMW-340107
> > Department: Support THREDDS

Ticket ID: LMW-340107