[IDV #CWB-511731]: native MSG files: Data Chooser by default limits large areas to 1000x1000

Hi HP-

Ignore my other message.  I need to read your notes first. ;-)

> Full Name: HansPeter Roesli
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Package Version: 2.5b1 build date:@DATE@
> Operating System: Linux
> Hardware: Java: home: /home/user/IDV_2.5b1/jre version: 1.5.0_11 j3d:1.3.1
> Description of problem: Hi
>
> When accessing native files through localhost and McIDAS/Marianne by default
> the area
> is set to 1000x1000 if the spatial subset contained in the file is larger.
> Only for dimensions
> smaller than 1000 the original value is copied.
>
> Give me a good reason why this is so, please.

We kept getting support requests from users who tried to load
in 5 1km vis images at full resolution and would blow memory.
So, we decided to limit the default to 1000x1000.  If you
click the little lock next to the line and element boxes
to unlock this, you can change the resolution with the
magnification sliders.  Or, you can type in the size you
want.

> PS you will receive an URL where to download 2 sample files, if you would need
> them. The URL will reach you with the next support request where these files
> will
> be also used.

Got it.  I can't read these in though.  Do you have a plugin with
a datasource that handles these files or do they go through an
ADDE server?

Don

Ticket ID: CWB-511731
Department: Support IDV