[IDV #PYG-335587]: Transparent Polygons

Hi Benjamin,

> I have a small problem but havent been able to figure out how to solve this.
> As you can see in the boundle, the polygons represinting the land or
> continents are
> transparent and then the Color Shaded Plan View of the Sea Surace Temperature
> is applied
> to the polygons representing the land or continents.
>
> How can I put the continents with a specific color background?, may white
> colr background?

I'm not sure what you mean by the polygons being transparent? Do you mean not
filled?
Unfortunately we cannot show maps as filled polygons. This is something we were
recently discussing and  will have to look into. (Its tricky because of the 3D
environment).

What you could to make them more distinct is to change the line width of the
maps.

> And my second problem is that I get an error while trying to create a Probe
> display with
> the Sea Surface Temperature (SST) dataset. The Sea Surface Temperature
> Anomaly (SSTA)
> Probe works, but not the SST. What am I doing wrong? or is it something to do
> with the dataset?

The problem is that that dataset has a unit, Celsius_scale, that is not an SI
unit and we cannot parse.
I will fix the probe problem (it was assuming a unit) and you can try this out
in tonight's (Friday morning) nightly build:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/downloads/idv/nightly/index.jsp

-Jeff

Ticket ID: PYG-335587
Department: Support IDV