[IDV #YBG-544676]: Saving a bundle of Stuve (or Skew-T) display

> I created a Stuve display from a model run (Derived->Sounding Data
> with true winds), then in the Control's panel, I did a
> File->Save->Save Display as bundle.
>
> When I attempted to reload the bundle, a window popped up that said:
>
> "Please select data for:  Stuve
> Original field: Sounding Data (with true winds)"
>
> (Also got this when I used a Skew-T diagram....)

When you save a display as a bundle its really a display template - there is no
data. When you load it interactively the user is prompted to select the data.

> My goal is to create a bundle with this display and then use it in an
> ISL script to create off-line movies of a time-series of Stuve (or
> Skew-T).

See the docs on the "display" tag. This supports specifying a display template
bundle:
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/idv/docs/userguide/isl/DataAndDisplays.html#display

-Jeff

Ticket ID: YBG-544676