[IDV #OAI-609406]: Question on drawing lines in IDV

> Hello. I'm looking into IDV as a way to visualize 3d data sets of liquid
> water content (we want to do volume rendering of clouds). One of the things
> we need to be able to do is to draw a line from the ground, through the
> clouds, to an arbitrary point (line of sight). Is it possible to script this
> into IDV (some sort of DrawLine command)?

Hi Katie,
The IDV has a drawing tool that you can draw interactively draw a line with.
Then you can export the drawing as a ".xgrf" file. The xgrf is a simple xml
file that can be edited. Unfortunately we don't have any documentation on its
format. You can always go draw some things and save them off and read them.

Attached is an example xgrf file that has two vertical lines. Just load in the
xgrf file as a data file into the idv and a display will automatically be
created.

-Jeff

Ticket ID: OAI-609406
Department: Support IDV